Dedicated website for All India Association of Postmaster Cadre (AIAPC) and India Post News.
R. RAJENDRAN, Mobile 9600841933, Circle Secty (AIAPC), Kuttalam-609801,
Please eMail your grievances/suggestions if any to firstname.lastname@example.org Viewed better in Google Chrome /Mozilla firefox Browser
Monday, July 9, 2012
RESTRUCTURING OF POSTAL DEPARTMENT, LETTER TO SECRETARY GENERAL (NFPE)
A reference is invited to our earlier D.O. letter of even no dated 09.05.12 vide which your considered views/comments on the possible organizational structure for all categories of offices were solicited.
The Committee has decided to follow this with a meeting with you, and the same has been scheduled from 3.00 P.M. to 4.00 P.M. on 09.07.12 at K.R. Murthy Room (2ndfloor) Postal Directorate. Kindly make it convenient to attend the sam
Member Secretary of the Committee.
Copy of D.G. Posts letter mentioned in para 1 above is placed below:
● ORGANIZATIONAL RESTRUCTURING
D.G. Posts No. : 23-1/2012-PE – II, Dated: May, 2012
With the approval of the Secretary a Committee for Organizational Restructuring in the Department of Posts has been constituted under the Chairmanship of Shri Ashutosh Tripathi, CPMG, Madhya Pradesh Circle. The Terms of Reference of the Committee are:
a) To revisit the norms for creation of new Postal Divisions and Regions as well as upgradation of Class II Division into Class I Divisions;
b) To study the feasibility of organizational restructuring of field formations (Circle and below) keeping in view the emerging needs for India Post in the new socio-economic environment;
c) Review of norms for upgradation of Post offices;
d) To study the feasibility of strengthening / creation of Postal Assistants /Sorting Assistants Posts in view of the increased need of Systems Administrators;
e) Any other relevant issue as may be assigned by the Competent Authority later.
2. The Committee is at present examining the feasibility of Organizational Restructuring of field formations (Circle and below) keeping in view the emerging needs for India Post in the new socio-economic environment as well as induction of technology in the Department. While deliberating on this, the Committee has decided to obtain valuable inputs from the concerned stakeholders.
3. In the light of the above, you are requested to kindly provide your considered views on what, according to you are the problems (both administrative and operational) in the current Organizational set up and what could be the possible revised structure for all category of Offices that could address these problems with the given human & financial resources.
4. On the basis of various discussions that the Committee Members have held with the other Officers, possibility of creation of Vertical Silos has also emerged. You may also give your views on this clearly identifying the possible Silos given the nature of the work in the Department of Posts not only as per the current scenario but also the possible one in the next decade; along with their possible structures; responsibility, financial; and reporting system etc. The possibility of extending the Silos till the Head Post Office may also be considered.
5. Your views/comments on the above may kindly be sent so as to reach us latest by 21st May, 2012.